Ski Resort Fun Facts
There is plenty to do in Colorado's ski areas. For those who enjoy the outdoors and other fun recreational activities there is no place like it. Here are 10 interesting facts about different popular ski destinations in Colorado:
1) Breckenridge boasts beautiful panoramic views of Summit County with an elevation of nearly 13,000 feet (3,962.4 m). With gorgeous powder runs it is home to Imperial Express - the highest chairlift in North America.
2) Known for having the fluffiest snow in the world called Champagne Powder, Steamboat features Howelsen Hill - one of the most complete natural ski-jumping facilities in North America. Steamboat has hosted more Winter Olympics than any town in the USA.
3) Vail Mountain has over 5,000 acres (20.23 km2) of skiable terrain and the most high-speed lifts in Colorado.
4) Keystone has the largest outdoor ice-skating rink in North America and the longest ski day in Colorado from 8:30 AM to 8:00 PM and the highest AAA Four-Diamond restaurant in America - Alpenglow Stube.
5) With some of the finest groomed runs in Colorado, Crested Butte has a unique grooming and aerating process for its snow which creates its "Corduroy" effect.
6) Nearly 3,000 chocolate chip cookies are handed out each afternoon in the world renowned Beaver Creek.
7) Providing the longest lift served vertical rise in the USA, Snowmass rises to an elevation of over 12,500 feet (3,810 m).
8) Snowcats in Durango operate over 35,000 acres (141.6 km2) of terrain.
9) Copper Mountain Resort has Woodward at Copper - the world's only indoor ski and snowboard training facility of its type. It also hosts the United States of America Snowboard Associations Nationals which is the largest amateur free-ski and snowboard competition in North America.
10) Telluride has the USA's highest wine bar - Alpino Vino at 11,966 feet (3,647.24 m).
Search Real Estate Now:
Advanced Search - Refine your search by Price, Bedrooms, Baths, Acres, Age, Ski In/Out, Fireplace, Home Size, City, County, MLS Number, etc.
The ultimate resource for Ski Homes & Snowsport real estate!
Be the first to comment on this blog entry!