Sunday, May 5th, 2013 at 5:01pm. 2,983 Views, 0 Comments.
At SkiHomes.com, we appreciate all of the snowsports. Here you will find some of the best ski videos that we have seen on the web. Some are amazing, some are funny, some are scary - but all are impressive to watch. We hope you enjoy!
1) Beautiful and amazing video showing some really talented persons!
2) High flying snow sports - simply amazing!!
3) Nothing like waking up early in the morning to do some back country heli skiing.
4) Snowboarding with friends is always awesome!
5) More snowboarders in action!
6) Even sumo wrestlers love skiing!
7) Definitely want to be careful that you don't fall off the mountain!
Search Real Estate Now:
Advanced Search - Refine your search by Price,
Sunday, May 5th, 2013 at 4:53pm. 4,215 Views, 0 Comments.
Colorado is home to many incredible music festivals throughout the year. From concerts held by the Aspen Music Festival and School to Jazz Aspen / Snowmass Labor Day Festival to the Bravo! Vail festival (and many more) these events feature a wide variety of music types.
For persons who enjoy indoor or outdoor venues as well as formal or casual surroundings there is something to be found for everyone year round in Colorado. Music lovers will enjoy the opportunity to come together and enjoy these extraordinary events and will appreciate the world class sounds and scenery they will be treated to. Orchestras and musicians from around the world travel to Colorado to participate in different venues. Free Concerts are also available at select times. No…
Sunday, May 5th, 2013 at 4:37pm. 4,140 Views, 0 Comments.
Colorado is home to some of the most select distilleries in North America. There are multiple beer and wine festivals featured across the state. Colorado has a rich history with regard to spirits dating back to its days in the Wild West.
It is interesting to note that Crested Butte had 47 distilleries in the late 1800s before Prohibition. Recipes for different liquors have been passed down for more than a century in some cases. Some favorite local drinks to try include the Thai Boxer, American Brable, The Spicy Pineapple and The Martinez. Breckenridge is home to the highest distillery in the world (Brekenridge Distillery) at 9,600 feet (2,926.08 m) and there are often long waiting lists to participate in bottling parties - where local distilleries…
Tuesday, April 9th, 2013 at 7:43pm. 3,721 Views, 0 Comments.
1) Maroon Lake - got its name for how it reflects the image of the Maroon Bells - two purple colored mountain peaks in the Elk Mountains. Located approximately 12 miles southwest of Aspen. Maroon Bells is the 27th highest peak in Colorado at 14,156 feet (4,314.75 m). The mountains are composed of metamorphic sedimentary mudstone.
2) Last Dollar Road - runs from Mount Sneffles Wilderness to San Miguel River valley. Considered one of the best back roads in Colorado. A popular time to visit the road is fall when the aspen trees are turning. Runs from the Dallas Divide (west end of Sneffels Range) to Telluride.
3) Dallas Divide - A high mountain pass which features views of ranches, foothills, mountains, aspen and fir trees. In 1880 there was a toll…
Tuesday, April 9th, 2013 at 7:26pm. 4,210 Views, 0 Comments.
There is plenty to do in Colorado's ski areas. For those who enjoy the outdoors and other fun recreational activities there is no place like it. Here are 10 interesting facts about different popular ski destinations in Colorado:
1) Breckenridge boasts beautiful panoramic views of Summit County with an elevation of nearly 13,000 feet (3,962.4 m). With gorgeous powder runs it is home to Imperial Express - the highest chairlift in North America.
2) Known for having the fluffiest snow in the world called Champagne Powder, Steamboat features Howelsen Hill - one of the most complete natural ski-jumping facilities in North America. Steamboat has hosted more Winter Olympics than any town in the USA.
3) Vail Mountain has over 5,000 acres (20.23 km2) of…
Thursday, March 14th, 2013 at 11:41am. 10,434 Views, 0 Comments.
Colorado is famous for its legendary ski resorts and ski mountains. From the fantastic Vail Mountain to the majestic and historic Aspen Mountain (and everything in between) Colorado is an unforgettable place. Here are the Top 10 Colorado Ski Resorts:
1) Aspen - The World Famous Aspen Mountain features 673 acres of skiing terrain ideal for advanced and expert skiers and snowboarders. It is the location of the first Aspen Ski Lift opened in 1947 and can be easily accessed from the downtown area. Featuring excellent dining, shopping, and nightlife Aspen Resort combines world class amenities with small town charm. Whether you are wanting to browse fine art galleries, eat at 5 star restaurants, or simply enjoy some popcorn or crepes in front of the fire…